Huntington Tower (First Merit Tower, First National Tower) - 1931
Walker and Weeks
This Art Deco tower is the tallest building in Akron as well as the tallest in Summit County. The base of the tower features extensive decorative detailing. At one time, an observation deck was located at the tower's top but was closed. The crown of the tower is decorated with signage for Huntington Bank, which acquired FirstMerit Bank in 2016.
PNC Center - 1969
TC Architects, Inc.
Arthur Goldner & Associates, Inc.
This tower was constructed in the International Style as the centerpiece of Cascade Plaza, an urban renewal site in downtown Akron. The building was formerly known as National City Center.
First Energy Center - 1976
TC Architects, Inc.
Wyatt C. Hedrick & Company
This tower occupies a prominent site at East Mill and South Main Street and features a brick facade.
Akron Citi Centre Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn) - 1969
20 West Mill Street
Harrison and Abramovitz
Built as part of the Cascade Plaza urban renewal scheme, this structure was used as a hotel with 240+ rooms until closed in 2017. In January 2017, a redevelopment plan was announced with a portion of the building slated to become apartments.
Canal Square Apartments (Akron YMCA) - 1931
Good and Wagner
This Art Deco building was constructed to house operations for the Akron chapter of the YMCA. The YMCA vacated the building in 2011, which was then converted for residential use.
Goodyear Polymer Center (University of Akron) - 1991
Richard Fleischman & Associates
This building features a glass facade and is composed of a pair of towers (twelve and nine stories) connected by glass-enclosed walkways. The crown of the building punctuates the structure's prominent location on the University of Akron campus.
Landmark Building - 1925
7 West Bowery Street
This building was constructed as the Akron Savings and Loan and occupies a prominent site at Bowery and Main Streets. It features Corinthian columns at its base as well as a detailed cornice. After years of vacancy, the building is slated to undergo redevelopment into a mixed use facility in 2017.